Drone Roof InspectionsSafely document the condition of your roof, gutters, and chimney
Why get a drone roof inspection?
Find out if repairs are needed
Putting off repairs for too long can cost more money in water damage or more involved maintenance. Spending money on a roof, gutter system, or chimney repair when it isn’t needed is a waste as well. A Nest Egg drone inspection gives you the information you need to make better decisions.
Safely get the information you need
There’s no need to get up on a ladder and risk your safety. Our advanced drones are equipped with HD cameras to get a clear picture of the condition of those hard-to-reach areas of your home. We then complete a detailed report to explain any areas of concern or evidence of damage.
Get advice on next steps
Our home inspectors are not only licensed by the state of North Carolina, but they have extra certifications from industry organizations AHIT and InterNACHI plus plenty of hands-on experience. We can help you plan for necessary maintenance and can often provide referrals to trusted service providers to complete repairs if needed.
What you get with a drone inspection:
Our team of professional home inspectors have the knowledge and technology to help homeowners in Raleigh, Durham, Wake Forest, and surrounding areas to make great decisions.
A drone roof inspection is included with our comprehensive home inspections, or can be completed separately for homeowners concerned about the condition of their current home or a home they are thinking of buying. Our roof inspections include inspecting the roof coverings, valleys, flashing, ventilation, roof penetrations, and roof drainage. They also include inspecting the roof structure in the attic, including looking for evidence of current or previous leaks. Here’s some examples of the types of issues we investigate during this inspection:
Roof system evaluation
- Are there missing or damaged shingles?
- Is the flashing system stalled properly and in good condition?
- Does your roof have dips or wavy spots that may indicate areas of concern?
- Are there any indications in the attic of previous or current leaks?
- Is the structure of the roof in good condition?
Chimney system evaluation
- Is there missing flashing surrounding the chimney?
- Is the chimney cap missing?
- Are there cracks in masonry that could lead to water leaks or structural issues?
Gutter system evaluation
- Are gutters clogged or blocked by debris?
- What is the condition of the attachment points between gutters and downspouts?
- Are there gaps between the gutter and roof line?
- Are the gutters appropriately sized and sloped to drain water away from the house?
Once we complete our drone inspection, we’ll complete a detailed report with photos to document the condition of your roofing system. We’re fully insured and licensed by the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) as sUAS pilots. We operate our drones with safety in mind while giving you the information you need to know about these hard-to-access locations. Our drone inspections are a valuable tool to help you make good decisions on the maintenance of your home.
Check out an example of the information we see through our drone HD cameras:
Get in touch with our team!
We would be happy to answer your questions personally or you can check our frequently asked questions. As soon as you’re ready, we’ll schedule a prompt inspection to give you the information you need quickly.